Friday, September 10, 2010

The internet is amazing

As it gets chillier and chillier outside, more of us are giving in to our natural instinct to curl up and hibernate. Just when I thought I was as impressed as I possibly could be with the plethora of options for low-energy entertainment on the web, I came across this glorious site that meets my need for cutting-edge culture. It's the Daily Art Muse a site that brings you just-off-the-presses art news, along with tons of pretty pictures. The site tends to showcase items that straddle the divide between fine sculpture and folk art, and they are well worth looking at. If you are fortunate to live near any of the museums that host the oeuvres featured on the Daily Art Muse, you can use it to inspire you to make the trek and see the art in person. For the rest of us, the Daily Art Muse is like a little gallery in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment