Monday, August 2, 2010

End of an Era

Bear Cub, a local Pittsburgh band, has been painting the town (or specifically, the town’s grooviest night hotspots) blue with their beautifully simple, achy-breaky indie-folk ballads. Their recent self-titled CD is stacked with 13 tracks of pure catharsis for anyone who’s loved and lost, or loved at all (I cried. Seriously! Ask my roommate). But don’t be deceived- this band knows how to tear it down too, and they put on one a hell of a show, showcasing their more upbeat numbers for maximum dance-a-bility. The most heartbreaking thing of all about this fabulous quintet? My sources (aka Facebook- I’m not that cool) tell me that they are moving to Tennessee after one last show this Thursday, 8/13 at Thunderbird Café on Butler. TRAGEDY! I encourage anyone and everyone to head on out and give these boys a sendoff worthy of the ‘burgh.
Check out the band: http://www.myspace.com/bearcubclub
Thanks to my groovy ex-neighbor, S, for the recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment