Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mission Statement (at long last).

So, grand and far-sweeping apologies for not posting in the past few days. I’ve taken a trip up to NY to visit the usual suspects (friends, family, boyfriend, dental surgery) so entries may be a bit sporadic till I get back to Pittsburgh. Never fear, nonexistent readership! You are never far from my thoughts.
One of the perks of getting your teeth yanked out of your head is the goody bag: free toothbrush, floss, gauze, creepy antibiotics, and of course, a hefty prescription for hydrocodone. If this entry seems a little weird…er… than usual, you know why.
Standing on the painkiller-induced threshold of revelation, I suddenly remembered that I had made a fatal blogging error. I never included a mission statement! How will my massive legion of devoted fans know why the hell they’re reading this dribble? (Actually, I’m fairly sure the only person who checks this is my mom. And she has to, because she’s my mom. But you get the idea). So here you go:
MISSION STATEMENT(s):
I’m a New York girl in a Pittsburgh world. I love this city! Much like life, Pittsburgh is filled with amazing opportunities for fun, adventure, style, and substance. But you have to know where to look. Let me help you. (Really, please do. If only so I can justify the massive about of money I spend on amusing myself).
-To enjoy life, you’ve got to go out and grasp it by the horns! But how do you know if the new bar down the street is less a rodeo and more a pigsty? That’s where I come in. I’ll be passing on my recommendations and reviews of restaurants, bars, stores, getaways, and galleries, plus any other cool shit I come across, so you can stay clued in to the scene without having to deal with the horror of an evening gone awry due to a bad venue.
-Sometimes, stuff is so unique and imaginative that before you knew about it, you never knew what you were missing. I’ll be posting links to any random, amazing things I come across that you just have to know about- volunteering, undercover music dens, outdoor sports, etc. Even websites.
- I love food. A lot. Plus, I’m a vegetarian, which gives me even more reason to be a foodie snob. Every once in a while, you’ll find some of my original recipes, plus tips and tricks for cooking, shopping, and gardening.
-Since I’m going to be spending way too much time and energy on trying beauty products and reading fashion magazines anyway, I’ll be justifying it by posting reviews and recommendations on here, too. Hellooo, validation.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment